You know my love for the list, so I'm going with that...
1. I am weaning myself off of coffee. I've tapered down to a couple of sips and I think tomorrow is the day I will start my day without it. Honestly, it feels really great. I have more energy and my quality of sleep has been so much better lately!
2. I have an eye appointment today. I've needed to go for awhile. My eyesight has declined in the past year (it's pretty bad) and I need a new prescription. I am SO excited to pick out new frames and get new bifocal lenses (ha!) Honestly, I'm just thrilled to be able to see clearly again.
3. I took Sarah last night to round up the last of her accessories for prom this weekend. It's fun having a girl--they're SO different than boys. This is her first year to go and she's excited.
4. Will's prom was supposed to be last weekend but was postponed because of snow! Much to my disappointment, he wasn't planning to go. He decided yesterday after school that he now wants to go and I'm so crazy-happy that he changed his mind that I don't even mind all the last minute scrambling we need to do to get a tux, etc.
5. Our countdown is on to graduation. I know I keep talking about this on the blog but it's a huge reality and time isn't slowing down. I was having coffee (tea for me!) last week with a friend and another friend with a graduating senior stopped by our table to chat for a few minutes. We were talking about our emotional state being rather unstable and she said: "Two words for you, Meredith: waterproof mascara." Brilliant. Why have I not thought of that before now. I went straight to Ulta after that coffee date and wouldn't you know it, I forgot to buy some. It's on my to-buy list next time I'm out.
6. I'm dreading today just a tiny bit. I've packed it a little too fully for my liking. I think I was just trying to get a bunch of appointments out of the way but all of my turns today are tight and I had a "look-at-the-calendar-and-want-to-cry" moment last night. I've been so good about keeping my days/weeks reasonable, but today I could use a cloned version of myself. The good news? It's only today! It's smooth sailing the rest of the week.
7. Exercise keeps me sane and my PiYo DVD is calling my name right now! I'm trying to do a mix of strength (PiYo) and cardio (walking/hiking) each week and I've finally found a good rhythm. The snow goofed me up last week with my hiking plans but that's okay. Sometimes a string of days off is a nice gift.
8. Peace out, people! Make it a good day.