We had our first measurable snowfall last night. I think we probably got between 4-6 inches but the wind made things a mess this morning so our district upgraded our two-hour delay to a closure. My girls squealed when they heard the news. I might have cried tears of joy.
Things have been cuh-RAZY here lately and I was behind on a lot of things. Today was a gift.
Here's some of what I did today:
- completed a huge school project and got that baby turned in
- cleaned my bathroom (you have NO idea how gross it was)
- cleaned my oven (it's self-cleaning but I was waiting for a cold day to do it)
- made 3 quarts of chicken stock from carcass of last night's roasted chicken
- made chili for dinner
- took a nap!
- made a dent in my never-ending pile of laundry
I can't even tell you how much I needed a slow, domestic day at home. I loved puttering around in the kitchen. I love cleaning. I don't love laundry but I love it when my pile gets smaller! My girls were pretty much sloths all day but they needed that too. I wish every Wednesday was a snow day!