I could tell you that it's because I've been really busy, but that's not so. This has been the most relaxed, slow-paced December I've ever had, and I love it.
I could tell you I've been sick which would be partly true. I felt terrible for a few days last week but thankfully it was short-lived. Y'all, I swear by Emergen-C! It really does seem to help me!
I guess the truth is that I've just felt a little blue.
So many of my friends are going through hard things right now. Things like job loss, deployed husbands, financial stress, marital problems, and scary medical diagnoses. On top of those things, it looks like our much loved elementary school is going to be closing at the end of the year. Our district is facing a sizeable budget deficit and sadly, closing this school is necessary. The future? It's still unknown at this point, and I feel very caught up in the emotion of the looming decisions.
So yeah, I haven't really felt much like blogging these days.
I did however start a list of things that make me happy, and I think I'll share it because it really does change my attitude.
THINGS THAT ARE STIRRING MY HAPPY POT THIS MONTH:
- My Christmas shopping is 99% completed. Only a few stocking stuffers left!
- Wednesday night soup suppers/Advent worship at our church.
- A short week of school. We finish up Thursday then have 2.5 weeks off!
- John will be home with us a LOT over the kids' break.
- We get to stay home and not travel for Christmas!
- Our Christmas tree.
- Yummy-smelling candles. Especially this one and this one.
- No stress--I've been fiercely protective of our schedule.
- Hearing people talk about Touching Wonder.
- Christmas music!!!
- My kids! We had such a great weekend with them. They love this time of year and their joy is contagious.
- A Girls Night Out this week with great friends.
- And last but not least, my husband. We were sitting side by side at the table with our laptops last night and he was wearing his Harry Potter (Gryffindor) hat and scarf. We took some goofy pics and were laughing out loud and it just made my heart smile. He makes me laugh (even when I don't want to) and I love him for that.
John posted this picture on his Facebook page earlier. I titled it: Harry and Merry.
I think I look super tired. And desperately in need of some lipstick.
So I guess that's what is up with me. Hope you're having a great week! I'm making pecan pie muffins for a get-together this morning and so I must go. Adios, amigas!
I bet J won't be happy that I'm posting this one. Will thought it was extremely HILARIOUS...and it kind of is.