Happy Friday to you. I had to think for a minute about what day it was. We're on a lazy, summer schedule and I haven't been keeping track of my days very well. That makes me happy! Lists make me happy too, so I'm going with that format today.
1. I love, love, LOVE summer.
2. I'm sad for those of you who are still in school. Hang in there. Your day is coming. And hopefully it will be here sooner rather than later.
3. A lot of you have asked about my leg. It's about the same, though I have noticed significant improvement when I stay off of it. It's practically impossible to stay completely off of it, but it's entirely possible to sit for long stretches and I've been much better about that this week. Physical therapy is helping some too. I went Wednesday and she had me walk backwards on the treadmill (less pain that way) and let's just say that was interesting. I like to think I'm coordinated, but that was the weirdest feeling. I had to walk pretty slow but was thankful for a bit of cardio.
4. I took my kids swimsuit shopping the other day. Will is easy to shop for, but finding swimsuits for the girls definitely isn't high on the list of things I enjoy. I think it's hard to find modest swimsuits for girls (especially tweens) but they each found one within a few minutes of walking into the first place we stopped. I was so thankful!
5. Thanks for helping me with my "research" and giving me your input on flooring. Our kitchen is very small, so whatever we end up choosing will likely not cost a fortune. It's also likely that we're staying in this house for a while longer so I want to choose something I like/want rather than settling for something that's cheap/functional. All that to say that we're still thinking this one through.
6. Have I mentioned that I love summer?
7. I have put my kids to work this week. Sarah is handling all the laundry (thanks, Mimi!) and Will has relieved John of his dishwasher-unloading duty. Will also helped me load/unload groceries yesterday. I just need to teach someone to mop the floor and I'll be set.
8. The landscape guy started on our backyard yesterday afternoon. I cannot wait to see what kind of magic he works back there. I'll share pics of the transformation!
9. Will and Sarah leave for camp on Monday. Abbey brought me a list the other night of things she wants to do as an only child. Her list includes: a trip to the American Girl store, a movie, lunch at Noodles&Co, a sleepover and being lazy at home with me. I think we can manage most of that.
10. Otter Pops. We must find some today. Two stores were out yesterday, and I don't buy generic Otter Pops. Summer just isn't summer without them.
Peace out, peeps.