Stephanie caught my date snafu. It's the 8th not the 9th. I'm such a dork.
1. I'm taking Abbey to the orthodontist today. She's getting fitted for her palate expander which will be put in on Thursday. It sounds like a torturous device and I think we're both a little nervous about it. The poor girl has absolutely NO room in her upper mouth so it must be done.
2. We have two weeks of summer left. And they're already feeling full. Ugh. We've checked lots of stuff off of our summer list and have a couple more fun things we're looking forward to.
3. The kids had their first "campoline" experience of the summer last night. I stole the term campoline from my brilliant friend, Gretchen! Gravity really doesn't allow for spacious sleep while on the trampoline, but in this case, that big blob of bodies, blankets, and sleeping bags is probably a good thing since it's been dipping down to around 50 degrees at night!
5. I keep meaning to write this down so I won't forget. A couple of weeks ago, Abbey got up from the table, looked at me and said, "BRB". That's texting lingo for "be right back". Realizing what BRB meant made me laugh out loud. LOL. I have my hands full staying on top of things these days. OMG.
6. I think Sarah and I are going to see "The Help" this week. I hope it's good! I typically tend to like a book much more than the movie. It looks like it comes out on Wednesday. That seems weird to me. Don't movies usually open on Fridays?
7. I can barely contain my excitement about football season. Football is consolation for the end of summer.
8. John is planning to take the kids to Elitch Gardens before school starts. I told him he could just drop me off at IKEA on the way. IKEA opened in Denver the week we were in Arkansas. I've been trying to find a time to go (sans family) and that sounds like the perfect arrangement to me.
9. Have a lovely Monday.