We've had a good weekend. Today was a really restful day for which I was thankful! Here's some listy stuff on my mind right now.
1. Sarah had a speech meet yesterday in Woodland Park and was gone for FOURTEEN HOURS. She had to leave the house at 5:30AM (yuck!) and she didn't get home until after 8PM. However, she won FIRST PLACE in her event and we are so, so proud of her! She got a trophy and everything!
2. I'm feeling good about the upcoming week. It's not too full (at this point) and that is such a nice feeling going into Monday. Can you believe that we're only a few days from February? January flew by entirely too fast.
3. We tried a new burger place tonight and it was pretty good! The french fries were really thin (and really good!) but oh my gosh, they were super salty. I am sooooooo thirsty right now.
4. John and I helped one of our kids make a big decision last week. I'm not quite ready to talk about it on the blog but it was absolutely THE best decision for this particular child. That being said, it was also a decision that puts me squarely in the driver's seat of the crazy train for the foreseeable future. I'm okay with it, I'm just trying to wrap my mind around all that it's going to involve. :) More details soon, I promise.
5. I can't decide who I want to cheer for in the Super Bowl next weekend. I LOVE the Giants and had half of their offensive line on my fantasy football roster this year. But I LOVE the Patriots (and I really love Tom Brady) too. I think it would be awesome if Brady could get another Super Bowl ring! And it would be equally awesome for the Giants to win. I almost wish one of those two teams had lost their championship game so that I wouldn't be so conflicted! Which team are YOU rooting for?
6. Speaking of football, I really didn't know what to do with myself this afternoon without any games to watch. To pacify myself I went hiking with two friends from church. Hiking with those two is quickly becoming a Sunday afternoon tradition...and one of my favorite parts of Sundays!
7. The rainbow cupcakes that Abbey and her friends made on Friday turned out REALLY great! They had a blast making, decorating, and eating them! Here's a (not-so-great) picture of ours before the frostingpalooza began. There is a recipe link in the post below this one.
Alrighty. It's almost time for Downton Abbey--our current favorite show--so I must say goodnight and sign off. Have a great week, everyone!