1. I don't know about y'all but I eat the same thing for breakfast every single day. It used to be two slices of Ezekiel bread but since last May (when I quit eating sugar and wheat) it's been a brown rice cake smeared with almond butter. If I get really crazy, I'll have a couple of eggs. Anyway, I'm kicking myself because I let myself run out of almond butter earlier this week and haven't remembered to grab some when I've been out and about. I'm tired of eggs (after two days), so this morning I ate a bowl of cereal--and I'm not a fan of cold cereal. Mental note: get thyself to the store for almond butter today.
2. All of my kids have the day off from school today. I'm usually pretty OCD about transferring dates from the school calendar to our family calendar but for some reason I didn't have this particular day noted. Imagine my delight when I realized that our week would be short and our weekend would be long! Happy, happy, happy!
3. After five years of faithfully hauling all of our recycling to the recycling center, I finally signed up for curbside recycling. I am giddy. Seriously. I put it off for a long time because I really thought I shouldn't have to pay to do something good for the environment (more like hey, you should be paying ME), but mainly because I'm very loyal to our disposal company and didn't want to switch to different one just for the recycling service. Our disposal company finally began a recycling program and now all is right in the world. I am so happy I can just haul a receptacle to my curb every two weeks instead of sorting, loading, and making a special trip downtown to drop it off!
4. I'm not sure what I was thinking when I volunteered to help with after-prom this weekend. Check in time is 11:30pm. I think someone caught me in a weak moment. Not really. I happily said yes. Prom is only for juniors and seniors so Will isn't going but they were trying to recruit help from the parents of freshmen/sophomores. I'm kinda excited about it, just really dreading the lack of sleep. I'm normally in bed by 9pm each night. I see myself taking a super long nap on Sunday afternoon.
5. I'm just gonna be honest and tell you guys that I'm not doing okay these days. I'm dealing with some really messy relational stuff. It's not marriage, thankfully, because John is my strongest ally. It's pretty much sapped my energy and my joy for the last week or so and I'm trying to pray/discern what I need to do next. The sad part is that this path has been all too familiar to me for the last year--different characters but similar situations. I'm feeling pretty beat up and it's all too easy to start believing certain things (lies) that the I believe Satan continually throws my way. If you're a praying person, I would covet your prayers for peace, wisdom, and discernment. Happy Friday, y'all.