1. Sarah gets home this afternoon from YoungLife camp! Yay! I've missed that girl. She was home for about 24 hours last weekend in between a church trip and camp so needless to say, we've all missed her. Abbey has had a harder time than I expected without Sarah around--those two are pretty close and it's very, very sweet.
2. The smoke from the wildfire in Fort Collins about 2.5 hours north of here has permeated the air outside. It's weird. It's super hazy and smells smoky and I'm hoping and praying that they can get that fire contained. So devastating. We need rain so desperately.
3. We ate dinner with some friends last night and she made the Barefoot Contessa's Chinese Chicken Salad. Oh my gosh, it was so good. I could have eaten the entire bowl, I think. I'm going to have to make it soon because John and I both loved it.
4. I have to go swimsuit shopping very soon. Is there anything more dreaded than swimsuit shopping? I have one suit that I like but I'd like to have another for the beach. Any suggestions on where to look? I don't mind spending money for a good suit, but I'd really like to keep it reasonable.
5. I got a speeding ticket a few weeks ago. I find it upsetting because I hardly ever speed, but on this particular day I was out shopping with Sarah and she was chatting my ear off and I didn't notice the posted speed signs in the construction zone (if you're local, it was Powers/Union--so be careful--I saw five others get ticketed that same day). I knew the normal speed limit (and was actually driving the same speed as everyone around me) but I got pulled over and ticketed. Ugh. I don't know what the fine is yet; I have to go to court. And I actually have to go to the courthouse tomorrow because my court date is the day we leave for vacation and I have to appear in person to change it. It's such a pain in the butt and such a costly mistake. When I think about it, it makes me sick. John was super cool about it though and I love him even more for that.
6. Yesterday we pulled out our ice shaver and made sno cones! I was telling some friends about the recipe I use for homemade sno-cone syrup. Super easy and super yummy and super duper sugary!!
7. I'm obviously not being as careful with my sugar intake lately as I was last summer/fall. In fact, I came across this dessert yesterday that I can't wait to try. And I'm going to make this cobbler for dessert tonight. I use frozen mixed berries and it's really, really good!
8. Okay, that's all for now. I must get to work. We have a friend coming to dog/house-sit while we are on vacation and I feel the
Peace out, peeps.