Since February 10 is my son's birthday AND since this is his THIRTEENTH birthday, I thought I'd make my 10 on the 10th about Will. Here are 10 things I love about that kid!
1. He loves to laugh and has a great sense of humor! I love watching AFV and Wipeout with Will because once he gets started, he can't quit laughing. Potty humor is still a favorite. Sigh.
2. He is sweet to his sisters. Very sweet. He's just what you want a big brother to be. Don't get me wrong, they have their moments, but he really does look out for them and enjoys their company.
3. He talks to me. About lots of stuff--including girls. I try to do more listening than talking when he opens up like that because I'm just so thankful he's willing to let me in on details. There is so much I wanna tell ya'll about our "girl" conversations but it doesn't feel right to share.
4. He loves all things electronic. Forget the comics from the Sunday paper, he goes straight for the Best Buy ad.
5. He's a homebody. Just like me. We asked Sunday after church if he wanted to go do some birthday shopping and he said, "Can we please just stay home?" The first words out of his mouth every Saturday morning are: "Do we have to go anywhere today?" and he groans if we say yes. Makes me so happy that home is a place he loves!
6. He does most things I ask him to without complaining. Seriously.
7. He is detail oriented. It's not 8pm, it's 7:57pm with him. He's super punctual and is always ready 10 minutes before it's time to go anywhere because he'd rather DIE than be late. (Mom...shhhhh...I know you're laughing because he's just like me!) He's detailed about his clothes, hair, room, backpack, notebooks, etc. He is my child.
8. He's smart as a whip. He gets that from his dad.
9. He's confident in who he is. I'm pretty sure I was not that way when I was in middle school.
10. He still thinks his parents are cool. Aren't we?
HAPPY 13th BIRTHDAY, WILL!!! I love you, buddy!
So, if you want to link up with your own 10 on the 10th post, please do. I'd love it!
Oh, and before I forget, Jackie made my new button! Thank you again, Jackie! I love it!!!