I'm a listy girl. I don't even know if listy is a word but I like it. A lot.
At any given moment I have at least one written list going, and if I start my day without my to-do list written down then I feel lost and aimless. I can't juggle a mental list very well. It has to be on paper!
This is a super short week for us. I love short weeks because they mean extra long weekends! But short weeks mean lots of things to get done in a short amount of time.
Here's a few things on my list for my short week/long weekend.
1. Figure out my kids Halloween costumes and get started making/buying them. My kids have changed their minds so many times about what they want to be. I'm going to pin them down this evening and make them give me their final decision.
2. Parent-teacher conferences.
3. Go see Secretariat. John is hoping to take a couple of days off to hang with us at the end of the week and our plan is to take the kids to the movies. I've heard nothing but excellent reviews about this movie and am excited to see it!
4. Church. My moms group meets this week. I love hanging with my moms group friends. I also love Wednesday nights at church. John is teaching a class on the Lord's Prayer and he's my favorite teacher/preacher!
5. Cleaning/Laundry. It never ends, does it?
6. Meal planning/grocery shopping. This never ends either, but planning/shopping every two weeks makes it a little more bearable for me!
7. Hike. I'd love to squeeze in two hikes this week, but one is probably a more realistic goal.
8. Read a friend's manuscript! I feel so honored that she asked and have been waiting for a break in the busy-ness so that I could give it my full attention. I think this week/weekend are the perfect time to dig in!
9. Get our sprinkler system winterized. Before I moved to Colorado I had no idea this was even necessary. Basically, we shut off the water and have the pipes blown out because any remaining water could expand upon freezing and cause the pipes to crack/bust. It's on the list of things to do this week because we've been consistently dropping into the 30s at night. We don't do it ourselves though; we pay our yard guy.
10. Figure out an appropriate craft for a third grade fall party in a couple of weeks. I have a few ideas but I'm not sold on anything at this point. I'm open to new suggestions. Anyone have a fabulous fall craft that kids can do in about 10 minutes?
Alright. Must get going. My laundry beckons...
Hope you're week is off to a great start!