That being said, I took a peek at the goals I set for myself in 2014 and was pleasantly surprised at my progress. Here's a link to the goals I shared back in January and I'll recap here.
1. Do something that scares me.
I wasn't specific in my original post but that "something" I had in mind was to start a business. I'll be honest, my hesitation boiled down to some really stupid reasons but I have some people in my life who called me out on my fears, reminded me of the truth, and encouraged me to move forward and believe in myself. I tip-toed into the Beachbody coaching business back in April but jumped fully in in August and so far, it's been fun. It's a good fit for me--I love nutrition and fitness--and I really love helping people.
2. Climb at least two 14ers.
Done and done. My heart is truly alive in the mountains. I am grateful every single day that I get to live in Colorado--so very, very blessed.
3. Strive for healthier relationships.Slowly but surely I'm getting there. I've done a lot of hard work in this area and learned a lot about myself in the process. I can honestly say I am in a good place surrounded by good people that love me and are for me. I've stepped away from some unhealthy relationships and even though there is some lingering sadness and hurt, the peace in my life speaks volumes.
4. Use my giftedness to bless people.I started out with one plan in mind but God has broadened it a bit to intersect with some other things. Vague much? Sorry. Trust me, there's progress here, just not something I am ready to blog about.
5. Log 1000 walking/hiking miles.
I'm not currently on track to hit 1000 but I'll be close. The 800-900 range is a bit more realistic at this point but I'm 1000% okay with that.
Did you make 2014 goals? Are you making progress? There's still TIME! You can do it!