This is by no means a comprehensive list, but it's some of what I want to aim for in the new year.
1. Do something that scares me! I've got something in mind here, something I've been mulling over for awhile now that I really believe I'm supposed to do but that is WAY outside of my comfort zone. I'm not ready to disclose it all in a blog post, but soon….
2. Climb at least two 14ers! For Christmas, John gave me these geological marker pins for the ones I have already climbed. I'm very motivated and have a group ready to go with me... just waiting for the snow to melt.
3. Strive for healthier relationships. I could write a book here but the bottom line is that I'm realizing more and more what I do and don't want in my relationships…and I'm moving towards health this year.
4. Use my giftedness. I had an "aha" moment several weeks ago about how I can use my unique giftedness to bless other people. Again, not ready to fully flesh this out on the blog but this dream/goal is taking shape and I'm excited about it. I've sat in church for years and listened to our pastor talk/teach about calling and giftedness and honestly, I think I've been over thinking it and making it seem harder than it is. This is something so simple but it feels important to me and I'm excited about it. More soon. I promise.
5. I also want to log 1000 walking/hiking miles this year. Notice I did not say RUNNING. I accomplished this two years ago and probably came close again last year but I didn't keep track of my miles. Got my pedometer app ready to go for January 1. Hmmmmm, wonder if skiing miles count?
Goals? Resolutions? I don't think it matters what you call them as long as you know and NAME something you want to work towards and then actually do it!