10 Random Things About Me
1. John and I are going to start unplugging on Sundays. He did that for a long time but I was always too chicken to join him. He's gotten out of the habit over the last several months and he mentioned over breakfast today that he was ready to start back up. I'm joining him and we start tomorrow. I'll be honest; I'm scared.
We try pretty hard to make Sundays look different than the other six days of our week. We limit the time our kids spend on "screens"--video games, computer, television--and we want to be a better example to them. Much easier said than done.
2. I'm addicted to The Bachelor. Every season I tell myself that I'm not going to watch. And every season I get sucked in. I watched the premiere last week and don't know if I can avoid tuning in this week. I don't watch a ton of television (besides football!) so that's how I justify it.
3. I'm also addicted to Twitter. I waste way too much time there every day. Because it's just fun. Fun, but addictive.
4. I seem to be on an addiction confession kick so I'll go ahead and let you know that I'm also addicted to my tweenagers music. Miley Cyrus? Selena Gomez? Yep. I like 'em. The kids all got iTunes cards for Christmas and I helped them download a bunch of songs last weekend. I put all their songs on my iPod too.
5. Back before Christmas, Kelly posted a link to this hair-poofing video on her blog. I desperately want to tell you that it has transformed my daily hair routine but I don't want you to think I'm superficial. I have lots of thick hair (a blessing, I know) but the weight of it pulls it down and my style doesn't hold it's shape very long or very well. I'm not about to buy a BumpIt (hello, Elvira) so this video was just what I needed. Go watch it. It's kinda long and the girls are from Arkansas so they have a twangy accent (which I love because I'm an Arkansas girl) but maybe it will revolutionize your hair too!
6. I loved all your questions from my last post. Some of you were disappointed and some of you were curious about why I closed the comments. I did it because I was getting overwhelmed with the questions. I want to be able to answer them all but if I let you keep asking I would be answering questions into 2011. Definitely have some great blog fodder though! Thank you!
7. After FOUR years of not using any artificial sweetener (aspartame, saccharine, Splenda, etc) I caved and started drinking diet soda again. I'm a big fan of Diet Dr. Pepper these days. It satisfies my sweet tooth without sugar. I usually drink one every couple of days.
I gave up on artificial sweeteners because they're really, really bad for you. Sugar isn't great for you either but it is more natural. It sorta feels like I'm just trading one bad thing for another, but as long as my scale keeps following a downward trend, I'm okay with it. By the way, I do not like Stevia. At all.
8. I got a new coat for Christmas. I can't remember if I blogged about it or not, but my husband did and his post made me cry. Wanna see a picture?
(Hey look, proof that I really do wear make-up. And notice the poofed hair?)
9. I get really sad sometimes that my kids are getting so big. Next month my son will be a teenager. Oh my gosh. Sarah is so close on his heels (they're only 17 months apart) and my baby is no longer a baby. These days are golden. And I'm very aware of it. If anyone figures out a way to make time stand still or for me to have a baby without ever being pregnant again, please let me know.
10. I have Season I of Glee on dvd and I'm dying to start it because I've heard so many great things. I cannot wait. If I can get this post finished in time we might even start tonight!!! And maybe it will be so wonderful that I can resist the lure of The Bachelor on Monday. Ha. Doubt it.
Okay. If you want to play along, just post a list of ten things (ANYTHING you want) on your blog and link up below. I'll be offline on the 10th but I'll be anxious to read your posts on the 11th!