1. My kids make me happy. Yesterday Sarah and I went shopping. She had some gift cards from her birthday that she wanted to spend and we had a fun afternoon together. We were at the mall (I've given up on my resolve to stay away. Been more times than I care to count.) and she spied the toys that her brother and sister were on a quest to find last weekend. She used her OWN money to buy one for each of them and surprised Will and Abbey with them after dinner. She had more fun doing that for them than she did buying stuff for herself. She was giddy with joy. It is a beautiful thing when your kids love each other and show it in tangible ways.
2. I also found a new comforter set that I am in love with! It was on sale for $19.99--for a queen set--that's my kind of bargain! I've been wanting to re-decorate our bedroom for awhile but I'm not one to spend a lot of money on that kind of stuff. Finding the perfect comforter set on sale is a happy thing!
3. I bought these flowers and this vase early in the summer and they still make me happy every day!
4. John has been working from home a lot this summer. I didn't like it at first which really surprised me, but I've grown to love it. Just knowing he's around and can join us for lunch or I can find him and give him a smack on the lips makes me happy!
5. Reading makes me happy too. Not long ago, a friend recommended The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin and I'm almost finished with the book. It's fascinating. And challenging. Anyone read it?
6. Laughing makes me happy. Or does being happy make me laugh? I think it works both ways.
7. The mountains make me happy! So does living in Colorado in the summer. I ran to the store last night and the temp sign when I was driving home at 7pm said 71 degrees. I know you guys in the South (everywhere, really) are SWELTERING. And I'm sorry. Come visit!
8. Lists of ten things make me happy but I'm going to have to end on a discordant note because I'm out of time!
Hope your Wednesday is a crazy-happy one.