I'm linking up to Melissa's Saturday Confessions this morning. I love Melissa. I know if I still lived in Arkansas, we'd be good friends.
Here's me being confessional:
1. I fed my family sandwiches for dinner last night. I usually save sandwiches for lunchboxes but the truth is I didn't have anything more than sandwiches in me last night. I did try to make them a little more fancy--I called them paninis and made them on the George Foreman grill.
2. After that gourmet meal, I helped John clean up the kitchen then put on my pjs and got in bed. At 7pm. I watched a movie on my laptop before I fell asleep, but I totally ignored my family who were all together in the den watching Disney. I loathe Disney.
3. This week, I had a major conflict with a volunteer project that I'm in charge of and an appointment that I really had to keep. I didn't realize the conflict until two days before. I did something I typically don't like to do and delegated the whole thing to three very capable moms. Sometimes I delegate, but when I do I don't think I ever fully release things. I turned a corner this week and did both. It was a HUGE help and those moms handled it beautifully.
4. My house is a disaster. I'm not even kidding. This week has thrown a few curveballs my way and between dodging those and the general BUSYness of this time of year the house has fallen apart. Of course (and you all probably would agree) it doesn't take much for things to fall apart quickly. Housekeeping is a daily affair.
5. I am feeling very restless and unsatisfied with some things in my life right now. So is John. We had a really great lunch conversation about all of this earlier in the week. I don't know that we walked away with a lot of answers but just acknowledging our feelings and realizing that we're both in the same place felt huge.
6. I love my husband! I've had to depend on him for some big things this week and he has been nothing short of amazing.
7. I am pea green with envy over all my friends who are in Little Rock this weekend to see Beth Moore. PEA GREEN WITH ENVY. I think half of my Arkansas friends were there last night based on their Facebook statuses.
8. Speaking of Facebook--I am totally annoyed with it lately. For lots of reasons. That could probably be an entire post for another day.
9. Happy Saturday! My family is heading out later to do some Easter outfit shopping. That will probably involve a trip to the mall and if you know me, you know I despise that place. I feel my attitude sliding south even now. Oh brother. I'm going to try to be positive for the sake of my family! Wish me luck.