2. I came home from work one day last week to find Jack-the-fat-and-greedy-and-rotten-beagle had somehow managed to pull this cake pan off the countertop and help himself to what was left of my coveted, highly rationed Trader Joe's vanilla cake. Ohhhhhh man. I was not happy with the d-o-g.
3. John and the kids gave me a new nick-name a few weeks ago. Def-mutha.
"Def" because I really do not hear well and John insisted that's a cool way to spell deaf. Same with "mutha", I guess. I probably need to go in for a hearing test. My family is tired of having to repeat things over and over, and I got myself into a half-funny, half-embarrassing spot at a high school football game last weekend because I had to ask my friend to keep repeating something. Def-mutha. That's me.
4. I am loving my schedule this fall. I think I've finally found the right balance of work, home, and social time. I scheduled a day at home last week to catch up on household stuff and it was great. Also had some time to catch up with a couple of friends and get some big work tasks done as well. So perfect...I'm really liking the flow of my days and my weeks.
5. I saw a fox this morning on my walk. It came running across the trail about fifty feet in front of us. So cool! Makes me laugh that the fox didn't startle me, but the tumbleweed that blew across the trail a few minutes later did. Yikes.
6. When I got home from my first round of carpool yesterday afternoon, there were two big boxes on my front porch and this is what was inside.
Amazon and Barnes&Noble. Stay tuned. I think I can probably sweet talk him into letting me do a giveaway here.
7. This just makes me laugh. Every. Time. I. See. It. Guess what day it is?
Over and out! Have a great day, people!