High five for Friday! I love weekends!
1. Abbey and I are heading to the airport this morning for a super secret girl getaway! A few years ago I started taking one of my kids with me to an Arkansas football game/mini-family reunion and this was Abbey's year to go. Imagine her disappointment when the Arkansas weekend didn't pan out. A few weeks ago, we had an invitation to do something different that I knew would be a great substitute. She's excited and so am I! Going to be a fun weekend. I'll fill you in when we return. Smile.
2. Can you even believe it's less than two weeks until Thanksgiving? We are staying here this year instead of traveling and I am so grateful for a week of rest and down time. And yummy food. Need to get started on my Thanksgiving menu.
3. We went to our area Young Life Banquet earlier this week. As usual it was a fantastic event. I left my Young Life admin job this summer to work for a friend and it was strange to just "go" to the event that I've worked to coordinate for the past few years. Gotta admit it was nice to have a relatively stress-free October though and to just "show up" for banquet! Weird, but nice.
4. I had a very impromptu lunch with a friend yesterday. It was just one of those things that fell into place almost better than if we had planned it. It's easy for me to get caught up in work and home and responsibility and I forget how much I need to make time for things that nurture my heart. Yesterday was just what I needed. I'm thankful for good friends!
5. If you're local and are around tomorrow, John will be signing books at Covered Treasures Bookstore in downtown Monument from 10-12AM. I'm sure he'd love to see some familiar faces!
Happy Weekend, everyone!!!