1. This week kicked my tail. I got back into town late Sunday night and hit the ground running on Monday. A sick kid at home, internet issues, projects, and a lot of unforeseen stuff really threw me off track. You can only imagine my delight when I woke up this morning to the news that school was cancelled--SNOW DAY! It was a surprising but very welcome gift in the middle of a week of craziness. Because of the snow day our Thanksgiving break began one day early. Hooray!
2. Speaking of Thanksgiving, two of my kids have decided they don't want turkey this year. Huh? They'd rather have ham. Ham. Oh the horror. Are these really my children? The other child and John and I trumped them. We're definitely having turkey but I did concede and buy a small ham for the other two picky children.
3. One of my children played outside in the snow with friends almost all day today. One of my children played inside on the computer almost all day today. And one child entertained herself until her friends called and invited her to the matinee of Catching Fire. I'm excited to see that movie with friends over the weekend! It was my favorite book in the series.
4. I am slightly freaked out about how quickly the next few weeks are going to fly by! Our December is already feeling very full. I've done a little bit of Christmas shopping and by a little I mean I've bought maybe two things. I need to start making lists to keep me sane. I'm thinking of changing up my Advent wreath this year and I have a little over a week to get it ready. Hobby Lobby, here I come!
5. Here's a pic from my girls' trip with Abbey last weekend. I have twin aunts who live in St. Louis and they were celebrating a milestone birthday. One of them knew we were coming but the other didn't and she was very surprised to see us. We had a great time with my aunts, my sister, a cousin, and a much-loved family friend. I have many more pictures. Hopefully I can make some time this weekend to write a post about our trip!