1. Halloween weekend was FUN! We had a neighborhood carnival that morning with games, crafts, snacks (at our house!) and a HAYRIDE! It was so much fun. I know you get sick of hearing me say how much we love our neighbors but it's true. We feel so blessed to live among such wonderful people who've become dear, dear friends!
After the carnival, we went downtown and trick-or-treated at all the local merchants. We also LOVE our small town! And then we trick-or-treated in our neighborhood and came back home to pass out candy.
Will spent the afternoon and evening with his best friend, and that's why I don't have any pics of all three of them together!
For those of you who were worried about us trick-or-treating in all the snow, Saturday was GORGEOUS! The sun did a beautiful job of melting a lot of it that morning and I even got hot while we were out and about. Had to come back and get my down parka after the sun went down though. ;)
2. We're the kind of people who drive our vehicles until they can't be driven any longer. I think in nineteen years of marriage, we've had only three car payments. We've known for awhile that John's car was probably getting close to meeting it's end. That happened on Monday (or so we thought).
He tried to make it in to work, but ended up in the parking lot of our auto repair shop instead.
I really thought we were going to be buying a new car this week. We will be soon, but the mechanic got it running again for about $100 and it has a little life left in it which buys us some time to think/pray/decide what kind of vehicle to buy. I'm just thankful not to have to make a big financial decision under pressure. And can I just tell you how much I abhor car payments? I'm reeling from sticker shock on new car prices. Wow.
3. We're going to be traveling for Thanksgiving. My cousin is getting married the Saturday after turkey day and we're going a little early to spend some time with my dad's family.
I'm not excited about the long drive, but I am excited that all of my cousins (except one) AND their children will be there. That might not happen again for a very long time.
I also think it will be good for me/us to spend this holiday with my dad's sisters and brother. I realized not long ago that I've been very self-focused in my grief. I know how losing my dad affects me but I never really thought much about how my dad's siblings might be coping. I think being all together will help lighten the heaviness we all feel. And weddings in my family are very FUN!
4. Thanksgiving is in THREE weeks. Does that freak any of you out too?
5. I saved close to $70 in COUPONS yesterday. I got so many things for free or mostly free. Makes me so happy. It took a lot of time and planning, but $70 is a huge payoff.
6. I just want to tell you how much I'm loving this countertop spray. It makes my kitchen smell like Christmas. I'm going to buy more next time I'm at Target. I need enough to last me all year long. I sometimes just unscrew the top of the spray to smell it. It's that good.
7. I'm sure I could come up with more things for my list, but I have a few things I need to tackle. Happy Wednesday everyone.