I just realized that today is the 10th.
I don't intend to revive the 10-on-the-10th party, but I do think a list is in order today so get ready for some randomness...
1. Today is a SNOW DAY for us. We got several inches of snow yesterday--our first big snow of 2011 and our first snow day of the school year. I'm happy to be home with my family today. Who doesn't love a three-day weekend?
2. I've enjoyed sleeping in the past three mornings. I feel like a teenager again. It's been years since I've been able to sleep in like that.
3. Parenting teenage boys is HARD. I'm struggling in some big ways right now. To make matters worse, John and I are on completely different sides of the parenting fence. We've had some really tough days and some tougher conversations. Ugh. It almost makes me miss toddlerhood. Almost.
4. I'm thankful for friends who "get" me. I'm thankful for Girls' Night Out and long hikes (through deep snow) and for laughter and free "therapy".
5. I got the information this week about getting Will registered for HIGH SCHOOL next fall. I think I prefer to live in denial than to acknowledge that I have a child entering high school in seven months. Ugh. How did that happen?
6. I think I talk too much.
7. I'm addicted to Sodoku. I even bought a package of pencil-top erasers at Staples last week because of my stupid addiction. I can rarely work one without having to erase and start over.
8. I keep hearing rumors that Verizon is getting an iPhone in the next few weeks. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that those rumors are true.
9. Abbey asked if she could write a thank you note to Santa. Of course I said YES. Her note was super cute, and in it she also thanked Mrs Claus and the elves and the reindeer. I secretly kept it and am going to save it for her to read one day, but it basically said: Thanks, Santa. You rock!!! Santa totally came through for her this year. He gets way too much credit if you ask me. Smile.
10. I'm working on something fun today. More on that later.
Sounds like a lot of you have a snow day today too. Enjoy!!!
Peace out, peeps.