1. Do you know what rocks? An impromptu dinner over mexican food with friends you love. I have a group of friends that get together for dinner once every couple of months at our favorite mexican place. One of them threw out the "it's TIME, y'all" email and amazingly we were all free and able to get together last night. It was just what I needed. Friends are so important and finding good ones is a HUGE blessing!
2. Know what DOESN'T rock? Driving to dinner in a hailstorm. In your new vehicle. Ugh. Last night's storm was not usual--crazy rain, hail, and flooding--it was a doozy. I think my vehicle is okay, maybe some minor damage, which is why we have insurance, right?
3. School is off to a great start for my kids but I think we're all ready for the weekend and some rest! Getting back on a schedule is T-O-U-G-H.
4. Do you ever go back and re-read or listen to old Bible study material? Yesterday morning I was working at home and thinking about a situation in my life right now that feels pretty intense and my thoughts immediately went to a teaching session from a study I did several years ago. I found the audio file on my iPod and listened to it while I was sitting in the carpool line and it was exactly what I needed to hear. God's truth is timeless, isn't it? I remember that message being applicable to a situation when I was going through the study...and it is just as applicable to my current one. It was totally the Holy Spirit prompting me to find that file and listen!
5. I think I might have found my blogging groove this week. I still have a few more 'Summer Snapshot' posts to put up but it feels so good to cross some of that off of my mental to-do list! Happy Friday, friends. Hope your weekend is wonderfully relaxing!