My friend Joanne tagged me for this meme. Seven random things about me. Here ya go...
1. I love sushi. A few years ago, we were going out to dinner with some friends and as we were driving to the mexican restaurant, our friend, Phil said, "I don't really feel like mexican tonight, how about japanese?" We were totally up for it and that was my introduction to sushi. LOVED it. I think it helped that we were with someone who knew what to order. So now Phil and Lisa are my sushi buddies. John doesn't really like it, but he endures it on my behalf. He even took me to eat sushi on my birthday two years ago. Of course Phil and Lisa came too.
2. I went to college with the girls in Point of Grace. I knew them all, but one of them was my friend, was in a lot of my classes and lived in my dorm. She wrote me the sweetest letter before our wedding telling me why she couldn't be there for our big day. I've searched high and low for that letter, and it makes me sad that it's gotten lost somewhere. Two of the other girls in the group had HUGE crushes on John, and even though we'd been dating for awhile, one of them would flirt with him like crazy. It's funny now, but I didn't find it one bit amusing at the time.
3. The 4th of July is my favorite holiday. I love it for so many reasons...because it's in the summer and summer is my favorite season, because you usually celebrate outside and I love being outside, and because you usually celebrate with friends, because it's low-key and there's none of the stress associated with some of the other upcoming holidays, and because the holiday meal is usually a simple one. I mean, how easy is it to throw something on the grill, open a bag of chips, and just be done with it? I love it.
4. I am seriously afraid of bridges. I don't like going over or under them. I especially hate going under a railroad bridge. It creeps me out. And I can't even talk about that recent bridge collapse in Minneapolis. That was my nightmare come true.
5. When I was in high school I had to watch a film on childbirth in a human growth and development class. And I fainted while watching it. It was so embarrassing!!! In my defense, it was very graphic and the camera was focused directly on the birth canal, and I'll just stop now because it would be crude to describe the rest. In fact, I think it's crazy we had to watch that film in the first place. After I regained consciousness, I had to call my mom to come get me and I swore that I was NEVER ever ever ever ever ever ever having children. I'm so glad I changed my mind.
6. I ran a marathon once. I ran the Little Rock Inaugural Marathon in 2003 as part of a 4-person relay team. I think my part was a little over 6 miles and that is the longest road race I've ever completed. And just so you know, the leg that I ran was the hilliest part of the entire course, thankyouverymuch. It was very cool though because my name was printed on my race bib, and the people (strangers) lining the streets through the Heights were calling my name and cheering me on. It's a day I'll never forget!
7. I quit drinking Diet Coke two years ago. I haven't had a drop of artificially sweetened anything since October 2005. You have no idea how huge that was/is for me.