Thursday, November 29, 2007

Oh yes indeed, it happened AGAIN

I just got back from an emergency trip to the doctor's office. Joy.

Abbey had a little friend playing over this afternoon, and about an hour ago, Abbey came running into the kitchen crying. Crying because she had one of the beads they were playing with stuck in her nose. This from the girl who told me she was never ever ever gonna stick another bead in her nose again.

I looked and couldn't see it, then made her blow and blow and blow her nose. Still no sign of the bead. So she blew and blew and blew some more. And repeated it all over again. The bead was firmly stuck. I knew I couldn't get it out without hurting her, so I called the doctor and they told me to bring her in asap.

With her little friend in tow, we headed to the office. I was growing more and more frustrated in the waiting room. We had to repair our refrigerator earlier this week, and this appointment was going to cost me at least $100, and all of that was money we had planned to use for Christmas. I started praying (again). And Abbey started sneezing. She sneezed about 5-6 times, and I grabbed some tissue and made her blow and blow and blow some more. And guess what? The bead came O-U-T. I gathered up our stuff, told the receptionist that the bead was out, and we left and now the girls are home again playing happily with Jack and Polly Pocket.

And once again Abbey tells me that she's never ever ever gonna stick another bead in her nose. And I really, really want to believe her this time. I'm going to tape the bead from today next to the other one I have taped inside my kitchen cabinet. That's another story you can read here. The similarities are amazing.

My life is never boring. Ever.

PS--We both told God thank you!


leigh said...

I have to laugh! We went through this same thing about a year ago. My eldest (she was 3) stuck a bright green button up her nose. I have no idea why and the whole idea of it freaks me out! I was afraid to get her to try to blow for fear she would inhale first and suck it down into her lungs (I don't even know if that's possible). I took her to the dr. where they were not able to get it out and sent me home to "watch" it. Upon leaving the dr., and after paying my copay for NOTHING, she blew it out on her own. I've saved it and plan on framing it one day to use against her in the teenage years!

Stephanie Kay said...

I thought only boys stuck things in weird places?! So far the only weird story I have is that a penny takes 15 hours to work through the digestive system of a 2.5 year old boy. And no. I DID NOT keep the penny!

Diane@Diane's Place said...

The worst thing I did was swallow a marble by accident. I had it in my mouth for some goofy reason and down it went! Mama told me, "This too shall pass!" And it did, the next day. ;o)

It was almost like Christmas coming early not to have to fork over that copay, wasn't it?

Holly said...

Aw Mer! I'm sorry and glad all at the same time. Thank God for blessings, like sneezes and saving the co-pay.

Love you much in Him!

elaine@bloginmyeye said...

This happened once w/ our Abbey. We were in the ER (it was right at bedtime) and she started crying when they were gonna "go in" for it, and it came OUT! They were so nice not to charge us for the ER visit. Thankfully, it WAS the last time she ever did that.

Trish said...

I'm so sorry Mer, but I just HAD to laugh out loud! Poor Abbey. What in the world possess a child to do those things? Sawyer stuck a wadded up gum wrapper up his nose when he was little. We spent 2 hours at the emergency's scary when they do that, but kinda funny afterwards when everything's ok. :)

You know, someday you may be able to make something funny with those beads. I hope and pray that Abbey NEVER stuffs another bead up her nose ~ but someday those two little beads might make a cute gift for her (like maybe a bracelet when she's an adult and gets pregnant with her first baby! LOL)