Well, I had a super great idea for a 10 on the 10th post but my day didn't go exactly as planned and I simply ran out of time to work on it.
So instead, here's a list of 10 things I did today.
1. Checked on our ladybugs. The girls and I went to the park yesterday and they found dozens of ladybugs. We put them all in the zippered pocket of my anorak until we could get home and put them in LadybugLand. My science-teacher-sister gave Abbey this cute gift for her birthday and now it's home to 34 ladybugs. Abbey told me that lots of them were "married" because they're stuck together with their partner. I just smiled and said, "Um-hmm".
2. Made a new chore chart for the kids. We started our summer chores after Memorial Day and now we're on this weird Tuesday-Monday cycle. I really want to change that next week. Starting on Tuesday kinda throws me off a little.
3. Loaded up and went to Colorado Springs. Made trips to Party City, Michael's, Hobby Lobby, Dollar Tree, Target, Blockbuster, and King Soopers with three children. And you have no idea how tired I feel just typing all that out. I really hate shopping but was on a quest to buy everything my group needs for Vacation Bible School. Mission accomplished!
4. Stopped by Chick-fil-A in between running all those errands. My kids had certificates for free kids meals which they earned thru the summer reading program at the library. Two minutes after leaving the drive thru--two minutes--one of my children threw up. She had been telling me her stomach hurt and she looked sorta pale, but she was also jumping around and telling me she was STARVING. After the episode (I'll spare you the details) she immediately felt better and even nibbled on some chicken. We sat in a nearby parking lot, ate our lunch (nothing like vomiting to curb this mama's appetite), and watched the Air Force Academy gliders and paratroopers (one of my favorite things), and she really did perk up after that so we finished our last couple of errands.
5. In fact, she was feeling so much better that we made a Sonic stop on our way home. Amber, I did NOT order pineapple Dr. Pepper. Had a vanilla one instead. Yum.
6. Two minutes after we got home, vomit episode #2 happened. Followed by a low grade fever. Ick.
7. Finished up some Girl Scout paperwork. It's one of the things I like the least about GS.
8. Put on my tulip apron and made this for dinner. And tried not to think about how many calories there are in one serving. It's delicious though...
9. Watched my kids do a super happy dance when their dad bit the bullet and ordered CABLE TELEVISION for the LifeAt7000Feet household. We found a basic cable deal for $10/month with no contract and no hidden fees. Sweet! It gets activated tomorrow. We weren't ready for the switch to digital tv and were going to have to buy a converter box before Friday. Now we don't! Woohoo!
10. Watched HSM with sick girl (Abbey) and I really need to finish this post so I can run to the store and buy her some popsicles. She still can't keep anything down, but at least we can have them for tomorrow.
If you want to join the 10 on the 10th fun, I'd love to have you. Just pick ten things (anything you can think of) and leave a link to your post below.
*Mister Linky has been really weird lately. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it will work
10. Michele@Mama in High Heels
11. Kendra@Kendra's Keepings
14. Elizabeth @ Finding Him Bigger
16. Cathy in the NW
20. gretchen jewels
21. His Girl Amber- Finally
22. Angie - Flibbertigibberish