Monday, May 10, 2010
10 on the 10th!
One night last week, our family sat around the table after dinner and made our "summer list". Basically, it's a list of things we want to do during the summer months. Our list includes big things, small things, realistic things, challenging things, and things that we dream of doing.
Thought I'd share ten of the things on our summer list for today's 10 on the 10th.
1. Family bike rides. All of us need a bicycle tune-up, but we have a great biking trail by our home that is calling our name.
2. Indoor Sky Diving. Okay, this was Will's contribution to the list. He actually wanted to do it for his birthday back in February, but he opted to have a party instead. I'll think we'll let this be a boys only excursion. I have lots of friends who have done this and they say it's an incredible experience, but I'll pass.
3. Go to the beach. This is Abbey's dream. She's never seen the ocean. If some pieces fall into place, there is a chance it might happen this summer! More on that later...
4. Go to the movies! We're particularly excited about seeing Shrek: Forever After, Toy Story 3, and The Karate Kid.
5. Hiking!!! This of course is MY contribution to the summer list. I hiked Spruce Mountain a few weeks ago and got bit (again) by the hiking bug. I wanted to go on a hike yesterday (it's sorta our Mother's Day tradition) but my leg is still jacked up. Boo. My friend and I want to take our kids to hike The Crags (it's my favorite hike in Colorado) and I also want to hike Pulpit Rock in Colorado Springs. I saw some interesting trails yesterday at Garden of the Gods too. I am itching to get outside with the kids and HIKE!
6. Camp/Camping. Will and Sarah are going to their first ever week-long camp this summer. To say they're jazzed would be an understatement. Their little sister is pretty excited too, but mostly she's excited about being an only child for the week! We'd love to take a family camping trip this summer as well.
7. Go to a Rockies game. John and I both want to do this. He wants us to spend the night in Denver and eat breakfast the next morning at Snooze. I think he's been dreaming of that breakfast since he ate there with his editorial team back in December.
8. White water rafting. This is Will's other contribution. Do you sense the adventure theme? Do you sense my fear?
9. Run a 5K together. Will has discovered that like his dad, he loves to run. One of our good friends organizes this 5K and I sorta told him back in March that I'd run it this summer. I can and do run, I just don't love it like my husband and son do. John and Will still aren't completely on board with this idea, but they said they'd think about doing it with me. The girls prefer to be our cheerleaders at the finish line.
10. Visit two national parks: The Great Sand Dunes and Rocky Mountain National Park. Sarah really, really wants to see the sand dunes (so do I) and you know how much we love RMNP!
There is still more on our summer list but I'll stop with ten. Know what else? TEN MORE SCHOOL DAYS UNTIL OUR SUMMER VACATION BEGINS!!! Soooooo excited to see what this summer will hold for us!
If you want to share your 10 on the 10th list, link up below! Peace out, peeps.