I hardly ever post twice in one day but today isn't just any day. Today is Joanne's 39th birthday! I got to visit with her last week and it did my heart a world of good. She has made AMAZING, ASTOUNDING, MIRACULOUS progress in the last several weeks but she can still use your prayers!!! Especially as she begins rehab and faces surgery next week.
In Joanne's honor, I'm posting 39 things that remind me of her!
1. Charm bracelets (You have no idea how high and how low I've searched for mine today! It's hiding from me!)
2. Jesus Calling
3. Anne of Green Gables
4. My Nike+ iPod thingy.
5. Meatball minestrone (my kids LOVE her recipe for this)
6. My spiral-bound Esther book (got that idea from Joanne!)
7. Trader Joe's
8. Moleskin notebooks
9. Zippies! (I have four that she made for me. LOVE them!)
11. Bic Crystal pens
12. This cross stitch piece. She has one VERY similar to mine.
14. You've Got Mail
15. Robert Benson books
16. This cute pie bird. I want one!
19. Girl Scouts
20. Jewish feast days and holidays
22. NavPress (lots of mutual friends from there)
23. Going to bed early
24. Camping at Rocky Mountain National Park
26. The Brady Bunch
27. Collector spoons
28. Vintage stuff
29. Joann's Fabric and Crafts (there's one RIGHT by her house)
31. The lake
32. Nichole Nordeman songs (she grew up with NN)
33. Thank you notes
35. Creme brulee french toast
39. Advent and Lent
It's amazing the things that I've come across in my day to day life these past two months that continually remind me of Joanne and remind me to pray for her.
Happy Birthday, Joanne. I know you're not super thrilled about celebrating your birthday in the hospital, but every single day you're one step closer to HOME! You can do this!!!
If you want to wish Joanne a happy birthday, you can leave a comment on this post! I guarantee you that if she doesn't read it herself, then someone will read it to her! :)