While reading her list, I'm usually trying to come up with my own ten things, and today I decided to just start writing them down.
1. I'm glad that I have a warm, cozy house. I don't always love my house. Someone else actually picked it out for us, and we're not really friends with that someone anymore so there are days that I really struggle with living here. BUT, like I said, it's warm and cozy. It has been bitterly cold here the last couple of days and I'm also glad that our house is more than just a house...that it's our home.
2. I'm glad that we got to see the Christmas program yesterday at our church, and that our church is feeling more like home to us.
3. I'm glad that we were able to take a good family photo yesterday for our Christmas cards! Getting five people (and a dog) to all look and smile at the same time is a small miracle...just ask my friend, Lisa. I'm so tempted to post a picture, but I'm not going to just yet. John also finished our Christmas letter this morning. I think you'll like it!
4. I'm glad that yesterday was a true Sabbath for our family. My to-do list is lengthy these days, but I flung it aside yesterday and gave my body what it needed...REST. That stuff on my list will all get done. I'm sure of it.
5. I'm so glad that I have a compassionate husband who really "sees" me. While I was gone on Saturday, he cleaned the entire house for me and got me back on track with laundry. Last week was busy and I fell behind on so much stuff in the house. John stepped in and picked up the slack. I love that man!
6. I'm super glad to welcome two new babies to this world! One friend's baby girl arrived yesterday, and another friend is having a little boy later today. How fun is that?
7. Glad for some time spent with friends Friday night, Saturday, and again this morning. I have many friends, but the ones who know me best are such a gift to me!
8. Glad to see the sunshine today...even if it is only 5 degrees right now.
9. Glad to have made a dent in my Christmas shopping, and that I have time to knock out the rest this week.
10. Glad that this is a short week for my kids (and me)! Thursday is their last day of school until January 6! I am so ready for a break from homework and of having somewhere to go every single day!
JUST thought of two more things...
Glad that I found 15 Christmas cards in my mailbox this afternoon. And only two bills. Nice!
Glad that I didn't get any speeding tickets today. Definitely an improvement over last Monday.