It hasn't really been long enough for me to forget.
Like it or not, we're packed and ready. I know I'll have a great time once we get there...it's just the "getting there" that I dread. I'm choosing to have a good attitude in the car today! (I'll let you know how that goes once we get there.)
I saw this over on Gretchen's blog and decided that if anything could put me in a good mood, thinking of my favorite things about Christmas could. So...here are my five favorite things about Christmas.
1. The music. Love, love, love Christmas music. I love the traditional carols and classics as well as the contemporary favorites. In case you missed my post about it,
2. The lights. Doesn't everything just look better with lights on it? I sure think so.
3. My children's delight. My kids love everything about this season. Decorating, baking, singing, Santa, the Nativity story, lighting Advent candles, shopping, funny movies, etc. You name it...it's all magical to them. And their delight is contagious.
4. The mail! I've said it numerous times, but I LOVE going to the mailbox this time of year. I love getting cards (especially photo cards) and reading letters from friends. I love sending cards too. We had a family folding/stuffing/sticking session on Saturday night and have our cards all ready to go this morning. (There was just one tiny glitch that I'm hoping doesn't delay your card's arrival...if it does, I'm very, very sorry!)
5. The Christmas Eve service at church. I love going to church on Christmas Eve, especially if it's a candlelight service. I have to admit I didn't love it so much when my husband was the pastor because it was incredibly hard for me to manage toddlers and candles by myself!