I'm very glad to be home after being gone almost a week, but as you can imagine, I hit the ground running. I have a few things to do this morning (before it starts snowing again) but I wanted to pop in and say Hello! I'll be back with a real post once I've shopped and mopped and crossed a few more things off my list for today! In the meantime, enjoy this fun Christmas meme that I saw on some of your blogs yesterday. Happy Monday.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I like wrapping paper. Just wish that the scotch tape didn't disappear. It doesn't matter if I buy one roll or five...I always have to search for it when I start wrapping.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial, pre-lit--because we have allergy issues.
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the day after Thanksgiving. We did it early this year though.
4. When do you take the tree down? The day after Christmas.
5. Do you like eggnog? Blech.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Roller skates, maybe? I don't know.
7. Hardest person to buy for? You know, we generally only buy gifts for the kids in our family/extended family...so I don't know that I have a hard person to buy for.
8. Easiest person to buy for? My children.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Four, actually. One belongs to the family, and the kids each have their own. John's mom bought them each a starter set when they were babies and adds a new piece to it every year. They keep them in their bedrooms this time of year and the girls play with theirs daily.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I'm not sayin'...
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? If forced to choose a favorite, I'd say Christmas Vacation, but I have a TON that I love.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Mid-December. Obviously, I haven't started shopping yet.
14 . Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Maybe I have, maybe I haven't. I guess you'll just never know now, will you?
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Chex mix and sausage balls.
16. Lights on the tree? Of course. I like white, but John likes colored. Guess which we have on our tree?
17. Favorite Christmas song? Hark the Herald Angels Sing.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I prefer to stay home with my peeps. This year we're traveling.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes, can you?
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning. Sometimes I give in and let the kids open one. Not often though.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Traffic, crowds, and wasteful spending.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Our tree is so hodge-podge. There is absolutely NO theme which makes me love it more. It's just full of memories--new and old.
24. What do you want for Christmas this year? You know, there is not one thing I need. I'm happy just being with my family.