No, I haven't contracted the
over-hyped swine flu (thanks for asking though, B) I just haven't had anything interesting to say.
Do I ever have anything interesting to say?
Shhhh. That is a rhetorical question.
This isn't a weather blog, so I didn't feel like telling you about the snow we got on Monday. Or how soupy and cold it was here yesterday. However, I did take this pic (while driving) for our third grade friends in AR. Flat Stanley was the only one at our house loving the late April snow.
I also didn't feel like telling ya'll that I'm having another crazy-busy week. It seems like almost every blog post in April has been about me being busy or about weird spring snow. I'm like a broken record.
Here are some snippets of a few things going on in between snow and busy-ness.
- Still waiting for my new debit/credit cards. I hate writing checks. But I hate carrying cash even more because if I have it, I spend it. Hoping my replacement cards come soon.
- Seeing some light at the end of my project tunnel. My deadline is Friday. I feel like I might have a life again after that.
- LOVED my alone time on Sunday afternoon. Did a little eating (Pei Wei), did a little shopping (TJMaxx, Whole Foods), and did a little driving/exploring. Wasn't gone too long, but it was quiet and it was perfect.
- Sent my kids to school in shorts and capris in anticipation of 70 degrees later today. They were thrilled. I'm afraid to tell them I heard the "s" word again for Friday. There I go with that broken record thing again. Sorry.
- Counting down the remaining school days. Including today, we have 16 more fun-filled and jam-packed days. I'm giddy about that. I LOVE summer and I am SO ready to have days where I have absolutely nowhere to be. I mandate rest for the first week of summer, because after the whirlwind finish, the kids and I are exhausted.
- Been embracing my inner curly girl and letting my hair do it's own thing. Yesterday was the first time in 10 days I dried and straightened it. I still prefer it straight, but the curls are growing on me. What I'm really loving is how quickly I can get ready in the mornings when I go curly.
That's all I have time for today! My to-do list is calling. Bye, peeps.