How did it get to be March 8th already??? Wasn't it just yesterday I was talking about coasting into this month? I think someone pushed the fast forward button when I wasn't looking.
So, since it's the 8th I have 8 things to confess...with commentary of course.
1. I'm addicted to Words With Friends. A-D-D-I-C-T-E-D.
2. I rarely speed. Mainly because I'm afraid of getting a ticket. BUT every single day I wish that the big SUV that rides my tail on the way home from afternoon carpool would get a big, fat speeding ticket. I sometimes slow down on purpose just to irritate the driver. Yep. I'm sure that driver looooves me.
3. I hate, and I mean HATE politics. I'm pretty clueless about what's going on in the presidential race these days and I'm okay with that. I'll figure out who I want to vote for and why a little closer to November.
4. I listen to my iPod with the volume turned up really loud. Like really, really loud. Which is probably why I have a bit of hearing loss in my left ear.
5. I've mentioned a time or two that I'm not a fan of PCs. Today, I had a training meeting for work at the Microsoft store in Park Meadows mall. We frequent that mall at least once a month, but it was my first time to step foot inside that store. It was a really cool meeting venue and I have to confess that I actually enjoyed myself AND learning some features of the software I use. The Microsoft employees were friendly and super helpful. I confess I've been a little snobbish towards Microsoft. I'm not ready to convert to a PC or anything but I am willing to admit the store was awesome (even if they did pattern their entire store plan after Apple)!
6. Since I was at the mall, I decided to knock out a few errands after my meeting. My friend was telling me about this rooibos tea from Teavana that she really likes so I decided to bop in there and buy some. And while I was there I decided to buy two different teas that I could mix together. I guess I misunderstood the price of tea to be by the pound instead of the ounce so I ended up spending an INSANE (ungodly, horrific, shameful, astronomic, irresponsible, pick-your-adjective) amount of money on tea. I simultaneously wanted to cry and throw up when I realized my mistake in calculating the price. John was cool about it when I told him and I was thankful since he could have been quite upset.
7. My kids are taking TCAP tests for the next few weeks. I intensely dislike standardized testing but I LOVE that teachers aren't allowed to assign homework during TCAPs. It's been so nice. I almost wish they took TCAPs every day just to get out of of homework. (I know. That's sick and twisted.)( I don't really wish that.)(I just wish homework would go away forever.)
8. I don't like basketball. At all. I love football. I like baseball, hockey, tennis, and almost every other sport. But basketball? I just don't like it. HOWEVER, Will's high school is in the state semi-finals today and has a great shot at winning the state championship so I'm trying to be interested in more than the score. Today, coming home from Denver, I met the basketball team's bus on the interstate as they were heading to Boulder for the game. There was a huge group of parents and students standing all along the last overpass before heading out of town and they were wearing our school colors and waving flags and holding a huge banner wishing the team good luck at their game. It was so cool that I got to see it. Unbelievable timing! And it made me really proud to be a part of this community.
The last two Thursdays have been my Fridays. I'm not sure I remember how to handle a five day week. Guess I better figure it out because it's not over yet! :)