This must be the week for the memes because I got tagged this week for 3 of them.
Natalie tagged me for this one:
What was I doing 10 years ago?
I was 6.5 months pregnant and trying to keep up with a very active 14 month old. I'm pretty sure I was exhausted.
5 Snacks I'd enjoy in a perfect non weight-gaining world:
Doritos--cool ranch or nacho cheese, or both!
nestle flipz (white chocolate)
rice krispie treats (preferably with peanut butter)
hot bread and butter
5 Snacks I enjoy in the real world:
Apples (fuji or jazz) with peanut butter
Thing I would do if I were a billionaire:
give some more
pay off debt
buy a cabin in the mountains
5 Jobs that I've had:
sno-cone stand worker
student worker in development office
Three of my habits:
I pick my lip.
I drink out of the same purple MOPS cup every single day.
I pull my hair out (literally). When I'm reading or watching tv, I pull out strand after strand after strand. And I still have more hair than I know what to do with!
5 Places I have Lived:
Arkadelphia, AR (2 times)
Fort Worth, TX
Diedre and Gina both tagged me for this meme. I've done this one (or some variation of it) several times, so if you're really bored and want to know more about me, you can click here, or here, or here.
7 Random Things about Me:
1. I go behind my family and close all the doors they leave open. If I'm in a grumpy mood, I do it rather loudly, while sighing heavily. I'm a door closer, and I'm pretty sure that the other people who live in my house are oblivious to open doors.
2. I'm also a door-locker. As soon as I close our front, back, or sliding patio doors, I mindlessly lock them. It annoys my family, especially if they're a little slow in following me into the house. :)
3. If I find a song on a cd that I like, I listen to it over and over and over and over and over ad nauseum. When I drove to meet Carrie for lunch on Monday, I listened to the same song all the way there and all the way home. My sister still complains about the time we drove home from college and I made her listen this song for the entire 4 hour trip. I doubt she'll ever forgive me, but hey, she'll never forget those lyrics.
4. I'm a neat freak, but for some reason that only seems to apply to my house. My van is an absolute mess. I've spent the last two afternoons cleaning it as I've been waiting in the pick-up line at school. And it's still not clean. I don't know why it stays in such a mess.
5. I wish I loved to garden. My yard needs some attention and I don't even know where to begin. It's all drudgery for me.
6. I love to laugh. I laughed out loud a little while ago when I picked Abbey up from kindergarten. A lady walked in front of my van and she had a sticker on her rear end. One of those long, clear, size/price strips that you could easily forget to peel off (ahem, not that I've ever done that or anything). I discreetly told her she'd forgotten to remove it before she put her pants on and she thanked me profusely. I didn't tell her I'd laughed out loud first.
7. I'm trying to wean myself off of sugar this week. I feel SO much better when I don't eat it. But it's SO hard. I'm doing okay, but those Nestle Flipz (thanks, mom!) are staring me down. I'm afraid if I have one, I won't be able to stop! Pray for strength.
Wanna play along too? Please let me know if you do!