This has been so much fun to do every month! I love how many of you have wanted to link up with your own 10 on the 10th posts. They're so much fun to read and I'm amazed at how creative some of you are with your lists!
I actually had a hard time coming up with ten things this month. In the end I went with an easy one--My 10 Favorite Family Games.
We love playing games together as a family, though it does seem like we do more of that in the winter months than in the summer. Here is my list of faves:
1. Apples to Apples. We don't have the kids' version, but my kids have been able to play this version successfully. We usually end up with some really odd answers!
2. Cadoo. We've had this for a few years and Abbey was even able to play it (with some help) when she was 3. The only downside to this game is that it's for four players. And we're a family of five.
3. Connect Four. A classic favorite. Will & Sarah finally figured out my strategy so I don't win nearly as much anymore.
4. iMAgiNiff. Very fun (and funny) but best played with lots of people!
5. Blokus. This is my most favorite game EVER. Seriously. I'm the reigning champ at my house and sometimes I even play online.
6. The Game of Life: Twists and Turns Edition. Some friends gave us this game last year and it's AWESOME. There's no money to keep up with, everything is electronic. It's great for teaching kids about saving, planning, rewards and consequences. It's another four person game, so we usually play as teams.
7. A - Z, Jr. by Discovery Toys. Another great learning game. Abbey was playing this game with us in preschool and I am convinced it helped her master some early reading skills. (By the way, I'm a huge fan of Discovery Toys).
8. Set. We got this card game for Christmas. It's different, but fun and very challenging. I also play this game online too!
9. Scattergories. We also have the kid version of this, but my kids prefer the adult game. The kid version is too easy for Will and Sarah, but even Abbey can play this game with us.
10. Yahtzee! Who doesn't love Yahtzee???
If you want to join the fun, post a link to 10 on the 10th POST (not your blog) below. If you have questions or need help, email me. Also, feel free to copy and paste the graphic above into your post. Have fun! I can't wait to see what your 10 on the 10th post holds.
*Don't worry if you don't actually post on the 10th. I'll leave Mister Linky open for a day or so longer since the 10th falls on Mother's Day this month.