10 Things I Did Today
1. Made my daily to-do list. I have a couple more things to cross off but I've had a productive day!
2. Went to TANG. TANG is the name of my moms' group at church. It is such a fun group of friends and I really, really try not to ever miss TANG. One of our pastors facilitates our time together, and today we worked through Psalm 32. It was great even though my pastor "outed" me as a blogger. Hello TANG friends!!!
3. Worked out. On our lonely-but-trusty-and-very-much-in-need-of-a-good-cleaning- treadmill.John brought his laptop and after we ate we did a little surfing, made some final decisions, and...............................................
My treadmill says I burned 368 calories which I'm sure I promptly regained when I ate one of Julie's cookies at TANG. They were iced sugar cookies (in the shape of shamrocks) and she gave me the recipe which I'm thinking about sharing with y'all since they were the BEST sugar cookies I've ever tasted in my life.
4. Met John for lunch. At Panera. It was nice to spend some time catching up after being gone all weekend.
5. WE BOOKED OUR ANNIVERSARY TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am super excited about it (as if the exclamation points didn't tell you that).
6. I ran by REI after lunch because Abbey has one of these water bottles and she bit a hole in the valve. I bought the replacement kit because the sales guy assured me it was the right one and that it would fit. It doesn't. I checked the manufacturer website and they don't even make the piece we need to fix the problem. Grrrrrrrr.
7. Called my friend, Debbie. We usually hike (with two other friends) on Wednesdays but the weather looks crummy tomorrow so we made a contingency plan. The contingency plan is that if it's snowing (or cold, or windy, or precipitating at all) we're not hiking. I'm praying for sunshine because I love and need my Wednesday afternoon hikes.
8. I contemplated driving my van through the carwash. It is beyond filthy but we're supposed to get more snow so I'm going to just let it stay dirty for a while longer. Sigh.
9. Imported two new cds into my computer. This one was in my "treat bag" from last weekend's scrapbooking retreat. I had a few of her songs already on my iPod, but the rest of the cd is fantastic. John's boss (who passes on some great music! Thank you, Mr. P!) sent this cd home with J yesterday. I haven't had a ton of time to listen to it, but so far I'm enjoying it.
10. Watched American Idol for the first time in a really long time. When did Paula leave? Is Ellen her replacement? Wow. Am I out of the loop or what?
Okay, now it's your turn. If you want to join the fun, post a list of ten things (anything you choose) on your blog and then link up here.