My sweet friend, Gretchen, posts a list every Tuesday of things that make her glad. I finally remembered in time to join in! So, here is a list of a few things that putting the glad in my attitude.
1. I'm glad it is March. And yes, I did flip my calendar over last Friday while wishing February good riddance. Lots and lots of good things happen this month. Yay!
2. I'm glad that my kids all love to read. Two of my kids had their noses buried in a book last night. One (nameless) child was walking around the house while reading. It just makes me smile so big to see that! They love their "screens" too (computer, television, video games) but reading isn't a forced thing for them. Seriously thankful!
3. Glad for dinner-time laughter. I've worked myself into a funk the last several evenings while getting dinner on the table. I've sat down to eat with a grumpy, grumpy attitude. BUT, our family conversations at dinner have been a combination of sweet and hilarious and they've pulled me out of my funkiness. So thankful for the peeps God has given me!
4. Glad to have clean sheets! Is there anything better than crawling into a freshly made bed at night? Bliss.
5. Glad I got to talk to Kellie yesterday. She's a kindred spirit and one of my most favorite people I've never met. We're planning something FUN in a couple of weeks, but you'll have to wait until our big reveal to find out what. Oooh. Suspense. (Did I generate any?)
6. Glad I'm getting away for a fun weekend. I leave for the mountains on Friday for a scrapbooking weekend with my church friends. I wasn't going to go this time and gave John a list of a gazillion reasons why I didn't need to go. He gave me a list of a gazillion reasons why I should. So I'm going...and I'm glad. I know it will be good for me!
7. Glad to have finished reading Leviticus. I'm still on track with my read-thru-the-Bible-in-a-year plan, and SO very glad to have started reading Numbers yesterday. Leviticus? It's bloody and "unclean" and so tedious to read!
8. Glad it's Tuesday, and today is a fun day for me! Actually, today will be a mix of fun and productive--my favorite kind of days. On that note, I'm going to sign off and get moving! I have lots to do this morning.
I'm back to quickly direct all of you who love The Bachelor to CarpoolQueen's song about the finale last night. Hilarious.
Shortly after I professed my love/addiction to The Bachelor (the show, not the actual bachelor) I quit watching. There are a couple of reasons really, but the biggest one is that it airs when my kids are awake and we don't have a dvr and I don't want them watching it, so I tuned out instead of in and haven't missed it one bit. And besides, if one *really* needs to know what is happening, all one must do is log into Twitter on a Monday night.