Remember me saying that I could literally feel my stress roll away while in Seattle? Well, I felt almost every bit of it creep right back in when I stood staring at the month of April. Ugh.
Speaking of April...
It appears to be starting off cold and snowy. More snow is in our forecast and I even heard them use the "b" word (blizzard) on the news tonight when looking ahead to the weekend. If we're going to get snowed in, I think it's only fair that we be allowed a day off from school and work, don't you?
I'm sharing some links with you tonight because it's quick and easy and I'm always finding things I want to share.
1. Moriah@PleasePasstheSalt is one of my dear friends and she recently changed her blog url. If you've been missing her blog, you can now find it here. She's also giving away a $20 gift certificate. If you've never visited her blog, go over NOW, say hello, add her to your reader, and register for her giveaway. Moriah's blog is one of my favorites!
2. Julie is another real life friend and I loved her post about Laying Down the Shoulds. I often say that I'm not a rules girl and Julie's post does a great job of explaining some of my reasons why. Striving does not become me.
3. Surprise, surprise. I discovered ANOTHER coffee creamer I love. I may or may not have a problem with artificial flavoring. The funny thing is that I only use a tiny bit in my coffee because I don't like it super sweet. So every kind I buy seems to last forever (I just threw out the pumpkin pie spice from October). And in my defense, I've never had as many in my fridge as my friend Michele!
4. Feeling crafty? I was inspired after reading this post from Leah.
5. I also loved this plate that Tami made. I want to find a way to incorporate that quote into something for my house as well. I may steal her cute plate idea.
6. I think these wool dryer balls are one of the best ideas I've seen in a long time. I'm almost out of dryer sheets so I want to try to make some of them soon. Anyone ever made these before??? Rachel also came up with a creative and inexpensive way to display children's art. Very clever!
7. My friend, Christi, shared a link with me today about turning your blog into a book. I think I want to start doing that at the end of every calendar year. Isn't that a fun idea? There are several companies that print blog books but this one and this one seem to be used most often by bloggers.
8. I had the pleasure of talking to my friend Janna for a few minutes this afternoon. I'm pretty sure she is THE most creative mom I know. Check out what she made for her daughter to wear to the musical Annie!
She gave me some ideas for celebrating Passover with my kids. I think we're going to attempt a (modified) Seder meal this year and incorporate some other Passover ideas/traditions. That will require some planning on my part...but I really would like to do it this year.
I could keep linking away, but I think Eight is Enough, don't you? (Sorry, couldn't resist.)