Here's my 25 Random Things:
1. I could never be a vegetarian. I love meat too much to give it up.
2. I don't like chocolate. At all. And yes, I realize that I'm weird and un-American. I don't really like ice cream all that much either. Sadly, not loving those things hasn't made me skinny.
3. I drive a mini-van named Minnie-the-Van. She's seven years old, but she's paid for!
4. I've been married almost 19 years to my best friend.
5. I refer to myself as a "recovering pastor's wife". My husband was a pastor for years and years and years. Most of those years were good, but there were some rough ones that have left a really bitter taste in my mouth.
6. I am happiest when I am at home with my family of five.
7. Rocky Mountain National Park is my favorite place in Colorado.
8. We're going to Durango, CO this summer...but I still don't think it can hold a candle to RMNP.
9. I want to learn to compost this spring/summer.
10. The 4th of July is my favorite holiday.
11. I love movies. I would watch one every day if I had the time. I especially love independent, artsy films. I recently watched Henry Poole Is Here...and I loved it.
12. The last movie I saw in the theater was The Tale of Despereaux. I loved it too.
13. I'm also a tv addict, but this season I haven't seen one single episode of any of my favorite shows--LOST, The Bachelor, '24', and Friday Night Lights. I'm hopelessly behind. (We don't have a dvr).
13. God speaks to me through nature.
14. I do not like going barefoot. Even in the summer. I usually always have on some kind of footwear--shoes, slippers, flip-flops, boots.
15. I like words. In fact, I see them in my head. Weird, but true.
16. I rarely buy books. I'm a library nerd. I bought a total of three books last year: Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse. I don't know what got into me.
17. I like my steak rare, bloody even. My family always asks for well-done while giving me funny looks.
18. I love family traditions. I think our family has some really fun ones.
19. I've seen a bear. From a pretty close distance. It was one of the most incredible experiences of my life, and an answer to a very specific prayer.
20. I often think about homeschooling my children.
21. I cry easily. And I'm okay with that. I'm trying to teach my children that there is no shame in tears or honest emotion.
22. My husband and I are very protective of our time on weekends. We believe very strongly in rest.
23. Sleeping in for me means 7:30 or 8AM. I made it to almost 8AM this morning. It was wonderful!
24. I would love to go to Africa someday. Specifically, to Rwanda.
25. I sleep every night (even in the summer) with an afghan that my Nana knit for me. I call it my "african"...I don't know why, but I've called it that for years.